Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Laptop Bag moving right along

Juuust finished the body of my laptop bag. Here it is:

I did kind of random striping, as you can see. There isn't really a striping pattern. I'm curious to see how it'll look after it's felted. I have never felted anything before. But I really hope it shrinks a lot because here it how it measures up to its future inhabitant, Sheli:


It is rather a lot bigger, so I hope it'll tighten up significantly...

I LOVE the three needle bind-off, by the way; it is so neat and tidy looking.


The whole thing came out pretty tidy, so it's kind of a shame that it will be felted and the evenness of the knitting will be lost :( I'm not the most regular knitter in the world so it's cool that this is so neat. But the felting will make it TOTALLY durable and solid-- no stretching!!

Anyway-- now, I have to do two pockets, four handle tabs, and two loooong straps. The straps I'll leave for last, I think, cause they'll be most annoying (90 rounds of icord).

It's supercute!

My KAL buddy Chaya is working feverishly on hers as well; she wants to finish it by Thursday. I think that is pretty ambitious but it's a quick knit, so it's possible. Her color scheme is also green but it's green and white. Very pretty.

Can't wait to see how it all turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment