Thursday, December 2, 2010

Okay, okay, getting back in the groove

Making some progress on my cowl neck:



Still not done with the body, but I finished with my custom bust-shaping. Modifications (so far) as follows:

CO 192 sts.
3x3 rib for 2".
Work to 10", then begin bust shaping. Place markers at beginning and middle of round.
Increase 4 stitches every 10th round four times as follows: Slip beginning marker, k3, m1 by knitting into stitch below, knit to 3 sts before the middle marker, m1, k3, slip marker, k3, m1, k to last three sts, m1, k3. 216 stitches.
Work even to 16".

And that's where I'm at now because I have only knit to about 14.25". So I still have to finish the body and then I'll start the yoke-- AND I'll be able to try it on and see if it is actually nice and FITTED like I want. It's going pretty fast despite the tiny yarn and needles.

On another note, it is HANUKKAH! Happy Hanukkah to all my brother and sister Jews! For the first night of Hanukkah yesterday, I got a knitting book I've been coveting for a while-- the newest Mason Dixon:


I really like this book. There are a few patterns that interest me, like some socks and some crazy Fair Isle throws that are simply beautiful. Also some dishcloths I'd like to try. I love adding to my knitting library!

Another knitting thing- yesterday I ordered another $50 worth of yarn from KnitPicks. I got yarn for a few potential projects: 5 balls of Swish DK in Big Sky for my skirt; 4 balls of Shine Worsted in Robot for a baby blanket (I hope 4 balls is enough); and 8 balls of Comfy Sport in bright red for a lace dress I want to make at some vague, random point in the future. I also got a skein of Stroll Tonal in Queen Anne, a colorway I really love. I have no plans for this, but it was on sale. And I also ordered another circular needle, since the tiny ones are A. hard to find and B. expensive. I got a 32" size 1 circular. I don't have any projects in mind per se, but it will come in handy. I also plan on ordering the Knit Picks Options Interchangeable Needle Set at some point. It's expensive, but less expensive comparatively with other needle sets, and I have had a good experience with my KnitPicks circulars-- sleek, sharp, flexible memory-less cable, great join.The yarn should come in a few days. But I really do have more to do. My aunt's skirt weighs heavily on my heart. I MUST FINISH IT, but I just have such a powerful reluctance, like a knitting mental block.

No comments:

Post a Comment