Friday, December 10, 2010

Knitting Day Off

I had a day off today, so I watched my new 30 Rock DVDs and knitting. I'm working on my new skirt. Because I got my Knit Picks shipment the other day!! I forgot to tell you about it. This is what I got:

8 balls of Comfy Sport in Serrano. 75% Pima Cotton, 25% acrylic, sport weight, 136 yards. I want to use this to make a lace dress from Vogue Knitting. But that's not really a priority. I'm thinking I'll start working on that in the early spring, maybe. It's a summer dress. To be honest, I have my doubts that I can make this fit. It'll be much harder to modify a lace pattern than a stockinette one. But it's pretty and I want to try. However-- not for a while.

4 balls of Shine Worsted in Robot, 60% Pima Cotton, 40% Modal, Worsted weight, 75 yards.
I want to make a baby blanket for Eli and Shoshi's new baby boy Yitzhak-- Zevi's little brother! I won't see him for at least five months, though, unless I mail it. I'm a little worried that I might not have enough, since the yardage is very low. I'm considering returning one of the other skeins or maybe the needle I ordered and getting more of the Robot instead. I don't have a pattern yet.

5 skeins of Swish DK in Big Sky, 100% Superwash Merino, DK weight, 123 yards. I'm already using this in my Isobel skirt which I got going on today. I LOVE the Swish DK-- seriously, I absolutely love this yarn. I had one ball of Sugar Plum already so I'm combining it with the light blue for the skirt. The Big Sky colorway is beautiful, like an aquamarine blue. And I just love the feel of the yarn. It's soft, easy to work with, washable!! I'd love to make more stuff in this yarn.

1 skein of Stroll Tonal in Queen Anne, 75% Superwash Merino, 25% Nylon, Fingering weight, 462 yards.
This is the skein I'm considering returning. It's pretty, I like the colorway, but I don't need it for anything and I'm not in love with it. I only got it because it was on sale and I needed to break $50 to get free shipping.

I also got a new needle. Size 1 32" circulars. But I think the needle is the same exact size as my other Knit Picks needle, just longer, and I don't really need it. So I may return that too. I don't know yet.


Anyway, knitting wise, this is what I did today-- my new skirt:

Waistband in Sugar Plum, skirt in Big Sky. Instead of the button loops I did actual buttonholes and used some more of my Tiger Button Company buttons:

I'm going for a Wintery Wonderlandy theme-- icy blue, sugar plum lavender, silver buttons. The only thing is, it's extremely slow going. I don't know why but the inches aren't adding up that quickly. And the rounds are going to get big. By the last increase, there should be almost 300 stitches in each round. It is going to take a long time to finish this skirt, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment